trubleshooting a laptop

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:29:43 UTC 2013

On 03/27/2013 04:54 PM, Douglas Pollard wrote:

> Ric I guess I  am wondering if I install Ubuntu on a second partition
> and it runs well, can I assume that maybe the memory and drive is ok
> since it works ok with ubuntu and that maybe there is something not
> right in the windows installation.

Sure! That would be the point to test it out. Then, you can later
reformat the Win partition and mount it as /home or /opt if everything
goes smoothly. I just installed to an elderly Thinkpad and it's working
pretty well. I just installed zevenOS to it, which is another Ubuntu
spinoff that uses XFCE with very minimal hardware requirements.
www.zevenos.de/

She will likely buy a new laptop
> before fall  aside from getting her running on the one she has I'd like
> her to get familiar with Ubuntu some. MY wife is using it is happy as a
> clam now.        Doug

Ah yes, the first taste is free! :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html