trubleshooting a laptop

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 27 19:10:15 UTC 2013

On 03/27/2013 02:54 PM, Sarunas Burdulis wrote:
> On 03/27/2013 02:28 PM, Ernest Doub wrote:
>
> >  What component of Micro$oft Office is she chained to and why won't Open
> > Office work?
> > Has she ever tried Open Office?  The work can be saved in most
> > Micro$soft compatible formats.
> > Ed
> > On the Mojave
>
> It would be nice to avoid unnecessary HTML-bloat in email.
>
> Sarunas Burdulis
> http://math.dartmouth.edu/~sarunas
>
> I am aware that she can save her open office work be usable in Windows. What I am trying to find out
is If Xubuntu runs well from a Dvd can I make an asumption that there is
more of a problem in windows than usual. I have run the dvd on My
Xubuntu computer so I know about how fast it should run. It is one heck
of a lot faster than windows on her computer is and I mean a lot.lot
faster.   If it runs faster on her laptop does that indicate the problem
is windows?        Doug

--
                 Doug Pollard,
      Sailor, Machinst, writer,artist