Migrating tomboy to notes

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 08:22:12 UTC 2013

2013/3/22 Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com>:
> I switched from Ubuntu to Xubuntu some time ago.  Almost everything I
> was using made the transition just fine.
> Tomboy was an exception.  Under xubuntu, I have to use 'notes', and it
> did not pick up my tomboy stuff.  I've ignored the situation long
> enough.

Notes? What is that? I found ”Notes” in the software center, but it
seems to be something else: ”Sticky notes application mobile version”.
Seems to be some version of Knotes.

I'm not sure it is compatible with Tomboy, maybe it is. One thing that
I do know, is that Gnote is fairly compatible with Tomboy. It's
actually the C++ version of Tomboy (a fork, I suppose).

Johnny Rosenberg