dhclient does not inform NetworkManager on renews

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:42:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Christoph Mathys <eraserix at gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the ownership and mode settings of your dispatcher script?
> They should be "root:root" and "0700".

Not exactly, but the script is invoked properly when the interface is
brought up initially or if I reconnect through NM, so I don't think it
is a permission/ownership problem.

> Have you tried the dhclient hook script workaround in the bug report?
> (I doubt that this'll ever be fixed given the upstream response to the
> GNOME bugzilla bug report; although it was a while ago so you never
> know!).

Nope. But according to what I find in my logfiles (or rather, not
find), NM itself does nothing when dhclient renews the ip address
(without changing it, that is), so I doubt that having another nm
dispatcher script will solve anything.

Thanks!
Christoph