setting up proxies

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 23:32:41 UTC 2013

I see many so called "free proxy" listed when I google for "free proxy".
However, none of them provide what I was looking for.
Namely, to configure my machine to use an encrypted connected
to a remote proxy for all internet access.
The number of hits on this topic are so numerous, I would have to be reading
for the next several months if not years to hit exactly the "how to"
information
I am looking for.

If anyone on the list is a guru in setting up a machine to use a remote
proxy (encrypted), and preferably free :) :) ) for internet access,
please share your info.

Thanx