installing multiple fonts

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 11 10:48:37 UTC 2013

On 11/03/13 21:35, Udvarias Ur wrote:
> I just downloaded a zip file that contains 76 related fonts, all .ttf.
> (Many have regular, bold, italic, & bold/italic files, so there are
> over 150 .ttf files in all.) I've uncompressed .zip file, searched for
> all the .ttf files and copied them to a single directory.
>
> Then I tried to use Font-Manager to install the fonts from this
> directory. The button in the lower left of the Font-Manager screen,
> which is tagged Manage Fonts (and gives options Install Fonts, Remove
> Fonts, and Open Fonts Folder when clicked) is grey. When the Install
> Fonts option is chosen, actions that seem appropriate occur, however,
> the fonts are NOT installed. (This even if only 1 font files is selected.)
>
> How can I install all the fonts as a batch rather than individually
> with Font Viewer?

The fonts should be stored in /usr/share/fonts/truetype (you do state
that they are ttf, right?) - so just copy all these fonts into that
directory as 'root'. If the copying program complains that some of the
fonts already exists them it's up to you what you do - I normally tell
it to overwrite the existing files if their size differs. And,
boom-boom, that's all there is to it :-) .

(Note: but that's for me. YMMV.)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 with KDE 4.10.1 & kernel 3.8.2-1