login

Gary Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 08:03:38 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Gary Kirkpatrick <garyartista at gmail.com>wrote:

> Real newbie question.  When I do control/alt /f1 and get a prompt, what do
> I type as a login name?  The name I gave the computer, let's say 'gary' is
> the only user name I know of.
>
> thanks
>

> garyk

The situation is this.  I am trying to run ubuntu 1204 on an ausus 1025 ce
and after install it will not load X.  cntrl alt f1 gets me a prompt asking
for a login name.  The only name I have given so far is the name that
appears at the prompt e.g. garyubuntu login:

You enter a login name and then it asks for a password.  Is it the same
password I entered when I installed the system.

I had not chosen any user names- I have no video.

thanks

garyk