Ubuntu freezing frequently

Ernest Doub hideserted at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 03:52:45 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:

> I would open the Disk Utility, and look at the health of the hard drive in
> the SMART section. A drive that is forming bad sectors will cause freezes
> as sectors go bad.****
>
> ** **

Please also check that there isn't a thermal problem.
On a 5 year old machine there has been a lot of opportunity for dust to
accumulate and clog cooling fins, etc.
Just as a preventative take a can of pressurized air and squirt out all the
vent holes.  If you get very much dust coming out you need to continue the
process until you are getting a clean air stream coming out.
ED

Monster =  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXP4tRUuqUY

Facebook, using technology to leverage stupid.
“The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted” (Psalm
12:8)
“ But now, he that hath a purse, (bill fold, credit card holder) let him
take it, and likewise his scrip: (dollars) and he that hath no sword, let
him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 (KJV) emphasis added.