Dual Display problems in 12.10 and Raring

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 7 21:41:50 UTC 2013

On 7 March 2013 21:30, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/2013 03:53 PM, Colin Law wrote:
>> I don't understand, though, what that has got to do with the problem
>> that Unity will not let me position files or folders on the desktop to
>> the left of the launcher, or clicking the launcher for an app with
>> multiple windows puts the focus on the wrong window.
>

> Change the definition of screen0?? Hey, trouble shooting with a shotgun
> here. Otherwise I have no clue. It just "seems" to make sense. I didn't see
> much traffic on your thread, so I figured to give it a whirl. But, you do
> see that xrandr is in charge now of your twin displays and you might be able
> to kick it around some.

The basic screen operation is fine, windows can be positioned on
either screen, mouse works fine and so on.  The only problem is that
if I drag a file onto the desktop on the LH screen it  bounces across
onto the other one (if I have the Unity launcher on the RH screen).  I
am sure it is a Unity problem.

Colin