Realtek 8111e vs. Precise

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 03:27:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:
>>> By "cleared out" do you mean deleted?
>>
>> You can edit the file and delete the hardware entries below the #commented
>> lines.  Deleting the file may work.
>>
>> These commands are useful:
>>
>> How to generate /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules:
>>
>> sudo INTERFACE=eth0 udevadm test --action=add /sys/class/net/eth0
>> etc...
>>
>> command to force:   sudo udevadm trigger
>>
>> I tend to reboot after.
>>
> I deleted the file and moved the cable, but when I rebooted, the
> system still can't find the on-board NIC.
>
> I'll see about getting a newer driver....

That didn't work either.  I downloaded the 8.035 version from Realtek,
built with their autorun.sh, double-checked to ensure that it moved
the right driver out of the way and put in its correct solution, which
it did, but nothing.

This time I checked the logs, and that device doesn't appear in any
logs after last Friday.

Crap.  Guess I'll have to find a way to boot Windows to see what the
heck is going on with that thing.