Ubuntu 13.04

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 22 11:07:32 UTC 2013

Hello all
Well after reading all the hype and bad press surrounding the latest
Raring Ringtail I upgraded 12.10 and am soooo glad I did.
12.10 was crap, slow, shut down frequently, messy, and so on.

I would not recommend using the GUI update system because it failed 3
times.
13.04 installed from the terminal without a hitch, clean neat efficient.
2 and a half hours later I have a lightening fast, clean, perfect install
I will run further updates and test it hard.

It needs to run Drupal 7 and 8, Inkscape, Gimp,  Rails 4 and ruby 2 and
the usual Geany, Audacity, program editors and office stuff.
Thank yo to the Ubuntu Team for an excellent piece of work.

Regards
Roger