problem with Lohit Hindi font on Ubuntu 13.04 platform

laltu10 laltu10 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 14:05:45 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have ubuntu 13.04 installed and I use Lohit Hindi to type in Hindi
language. I have noticed an irritating problem while correcting errors in
saved openoffice .odt files. To illustrate, suppose I have a word में in a
file. Once I save it, if I reopen the file, and I want to change the word to
मा, this is what happens -  I delete the accents and go to म and then as I
put the new accent, I get the letter म and the accent ा separately (oा).
This happens only in openoffice. For instance, if I copy the same thing
here, this problem does not appear, and I see मा. Of course, if I delete the
entire word and retype the whole thing, then the correct form appears.
If I save the file with this aberration and reopen it, it does not go away.
I think this problem started with ubuntu 12.10. I did not have this problem
with earlier versions of ubuntu.

Any suggestions?