Laser printer use question

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Thu Jun 13 21:21:28 UTC 2013

Hello Gene,

Sunday, June 9, 2013, 4:50:05 AM, Gene wrote:

> From my observations of their printers where all the brains are in
> the cartridge, I know very well that I've been forced to bin
> cartridges that were still half full or more, a timer in the cart
> had expired.

> IOW, demand some honesty. Does this low usage limit actually exist?

Yes, it does. I had an HP multi that I was using just as a fax, so it
didn't get much use at all. When I DID need it, it wouldn't work. Just
said it needed new ink. But with the low use, it should still be
essentially full! Net searches finally pinpointed the problem - the
cartridge expiration date had passed. And, it was the color cart.
Normally, one can set it to just print B&W, but that did not work
either. It was a completely inert, useless blob - nothing worked - not
even the right error msg. And, they made it semi-impossible to work
around it.

At that time I really needed to fax some important papers, and fast. I
was so pi....off it will be a loooong time before I buy anything from
HP...

--

 rikona