blank screen after screen lock

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 09:57:29 UTC 2013

Dear All

suddenly from last day, I'm facing a strange problem, Whenever I press
Ctrl+alt+l to lock my system screen gates locked but after that I'm not
able to unlock the system. If I press any key to unlock the system a
password prompt comes up, after entering password only mouse courser
displayed on the screen with black background.

to get rid of the problem , I need to change to other tty and need to
restart lighdm to login back to system. Any unsaved work goes to vain.

I think this problem started after [1] or [2]

[1] some Xorg related update which I 've installed last day ( which
comes up regularly )
[1] VMware workstation hangedup and I forced my system to shutdown using
long pressing power button

I've uninstalled Vmware workstation, situation is same

is there any clue ??? how to get rid of the issue ??

--

*/

Jatin Khatri

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/