Laser printer use question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 9 06:53:45 UTC 2013

On 09/06/13 16:43, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Have I misunderstood the specs and will I run into problems if I only
>> print a few, or no, pages per month?
>
> Well I had a reply composed, but this is kmail, and its getting more
> funkity as time goes by.  No clue where it went, it just went away as I was
> typing.
>
> I don't think a laser actually has a minimum per month, and if you are
> energy conscious, it could even be turned off between jobs.  Just be aware
> that the turn on surge when the drum is cold, can be circuit breaker
> tripping.
>
> With that HP MFP device though, its an inkjet, and I can well believe the
> 250 pages quoted.  I have an Epson NX-515 I gave up on, even a full bleed
> color print a day cannot keep the nozzles clean.  Its scanner is decent
> though, so it won't get binned anytime soon.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. The printer in question really is
a laser model, even though it's multi function, and it will most
certainly be turned off between uses.

I have a need to print something at this very moment and being fed up
with waster ink jet cartridges a laser looks like a good option. I'm
keen to hit the purchase button but the idea of a minimum use spec is a
major concern.

--
Regards,
Phil