lspci on 12.04 not showing hauppauge PVR-150 no video devices.

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at MNSi.net
Wed Jun 5 09:41:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 08:21 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 5 June 2013 08:13, Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln at mnsi.net> wrote:
> >   Okay from 13.04i386 lspci -vv:
> > 03:05.0 Communication controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. Device 2f10
> > (rev 01)
> >         Subsystem: U.S. Robotics Device 2013
> >         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
> >         Memory at febf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
> >         I/O ports at e800 [size=8]
> >         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
> >
> > 03:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Device 0000:8210 (rev 01)
> >         !!! Unknown header type 7f
>
> That is not good.  Are you able to check the card in the old computer
> and make sure it still works?  You could boot that from the live image
> and see what it says.  It may be that the card is broken.

  I'm gonna push it back onto the old system for a while, I ordered a
replacement 1800 (PCI-E1) off of e-bay and it'll take several days to
come in, meantime I'm gonna fixed my bad installs and see what they say,
even my Win7 isn't reading the PCI bus right, seems it needs the right
driver for that. :(

  Thanks for the help.

  Mike