lspci on 12.04 not showing hauppauge PVR-150 no video devices.

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at MNSi.net
Wed Jun 5 04:45:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 10:28 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 4 June 2013 09:52, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Colin Law wrote:

> >> My card is running fine on the 14.04 (32 bit) kernel 3.2.0-41, and ran
> >> happily on 10.04 with the standard kernel also.  In fact looking at
> >> my notes I see that I installed it in Jan 2010 and it ran out of the
> >> box with the standard kernel then.
> >
> > Yes, I have read that in your previous mail, but if Mikes card doesn't
> > work, it may be a different hardware. Some manufacturers change the
> > harware without changing the product name. Maybe his card is such a
> > device.
> >
> > And if some hardware was working with 10.04 it doesn't always mean it
> > would also work with 12.04. My FM/TV card was working with 10.04
> > (actually it was working for about 10 years) but the standard 12.04
> > kernel had a bug which prevented the FM part to work. However the raring
> > backports kernel has this bug fixed and the card is working again.
> > That's why I suggested the newer kernel even though the hardware was
> > working before.
>
> Good points, though the OP does say that it worked with older
> hardware, though he does not state what OS he was using.  However,
> googling has found this unanswered question [1] where a problem was
> found with a possibly similar card when moving to the 64 bit kernel,
> and lspci gave a similar result to that which the OP is seeing.  @OP
> it might be worth booting off a 32 bit live CD and seeing if the card
> is then recognised.   However also worth trying Nils' suggestion as if
> there was a problem with the 64 bit kernel it may now have been fixed.
>  Or you could boot off a 13.04 64 bit live CD to try the 3.8 kernel.
>
> [1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1937138

  The OS that it worked on was 10,04 LTS and the system is old enough to
an AMD XP1500+ CPU, the current systems has a 64bitDual core AMD CPU on
an MSI7596 V1.2.  I'll definitely get the latest image and boot to see
what lspci gives.
  I thought it might have been the motherboard nutting the PCI bus but
these two entries tell me that they see two of the three cards on that
bus:
-   01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Caicos
HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6400 Series] Subsystem: Micro-Star International
Co., Ltd. Device aa98

My add on video card, the AMD chipset on board is not supported by
current kernel modules, in other than experimental driver modules.

-   03:05.0 Communication controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. Device 2f10
(rev 01)Subsystem: U.S. Robotics Device 2013

My unconfigured USR Sportster Fax/Modem.