Linux LTS Raring

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 02:32:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this package available in the 64-bit for x86_64 machines available?
>
> Synaptic doesn't show any bitness for the linux-lts-raring packages,
> and the page at
>
> http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/precise/main/proposed/linux-lts-raring
> only talks about 32-bit packages.
>
> I'm curious in part because I like the more recent kernels and I'm
> thinking of trying this out.
>
> I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 x86_64 with all the (usual) latest updates.
>
> Do I need anything else to upgrade my kernel?

You only need to install it.

cbell at circe:~$ apt-cache search linux | grep raring
linux-generic-lts-raring - Generic Linux kernel image and headers
linux-generic-lts-raring-eol-upgrade - Complete Generic Linux kernel and
headers
linux-headers-generic-lts-raring - Generic Linux kernel headers
linux-image-generic-lts-raring - Generic Linux kernel image
linux-signed-generic-lts-raring - Complete Signed Generic Linux kernel and
headers
linux-signed-generic-lts-raring-eol-upgrade - Complete Signed Generic Linux
kernel and headers
linux-signed-image-generic-lts-raring - Signed Generic Linux kernel image
linux-tools-lts-raring - Linux kernel versioned Tools
cbell at circe:~$ uname -m
x86_64
cbell at circe:~$

--