ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 107, Issue 84

Prasad Mhatre prasad8mhatre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 10:19:40 UTC 2013

i have install ubuntu 13.04,I want to download the all plug-in for it, i
have Internet connection but it proxy enables as it is our college wifi,
most of the sites are blocked by squid ,but the open source sites are not
blocked.
Now, when i go to terminal for updating it  or download any software from
App center then it says that check Internet connection.
so how to enable this proxy setting for terminal and app center?,
or
is it possible to update if i download all files from<<
http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/raring/>>
and copy it to /var/lib/apt.Pls tell some way to do so.

please help me as i new to ubuntu

regard,
Prasad Mhatre