Ubuntu Forums - FYI

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Tue Jul 23 18:31:52 UTC 2013

On 07/23/2013 01:50 PM, Bob wrote:
> Everyone does not reuse passwords, I don't, only lazy or ignorant
> people reuse passwords.

In other words almost everyone with very, very, very few exceptions.

Okay, I admit there is a tiny minority of people who don't reuse
passwords.  (Including me.)

Other than a few geeks I know from online, and my mother-in-law (because
I told her to), I don't know anyone else who doesn't reuse passwords.

But if I am allowed a non-zero epsilon in my value of "everyone", I
stand by my assertion. And it needs to change.

-kb

P.S. Help fight the battle: Please contradict all who repeat the
obsolete admonishment to never write down a password. That advice became
obsolete once we started to have multiple accounts on different systems.