Ubuntu Forums - FYI

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Mon Jul 22 19:13:40 UTC 2013

Basil Chupin wrote:
>  Interesting in that just before I went to bed I had a browse thru
> the vBulletin site and found the entry that (paraphrased as I didn't
> capture it, silly me), "At the present time Apache is not
> supported". However, just now as I was about to reply I went back to
> get a snapshot of what I read last night to quote here and that
> entry had disappeared!

Either way, it was wrong. vBulletin is just a PHP app and anything
running mod_php will run it fine, including Apache on Linux or
Windows. I've run several installs on various Linuxe

> However, what you show above does not negate the possibility that
> Windows is being used because Apache is also available for Windows.

Why would it be Windows? There is nothing that you can ask of the
server that would categorically prove one way or the other which OS it
was running, and I'm not really sure what the point of this question
is.

--
Avi