Ubuntu Forums - FYI

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 22 05:29:23 UTC 2013

On 22/07/13 01:50, Matthew Sturdy wrote:

> On 21 July 2013 11:25, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au
> <mailto:blchupin at iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>

>     What I am surprised about is that I would have expected an
>     avalanche of posts stating that vBulletin is being run on a server
>     using Linux but so far no one has come up with such an assurance
>     which indicates to me that Windows is involved.
>

> looks like Ubuntu from here:
>
> $ curl -I �http://ubuntuforums.org/
> HTTP/1.1 302 Found
> Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 15:49:25 GMT
> *Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)*
> Location: http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html

  Interesting in that just before I went to bed I had a browse thru the
vBulletin site and found the entry that (paraphrased as I didn't capture
it, silly me), "At the present time Apache is not supported". However,
just now as I was about to reply I went back to get a snapshot of what I
read last night to quote here and that entry had disappeared!

However, what you show above does not negate the possibility that
Windows is being used because Apache is also available for Windows. And
the "(Ubuntu)" after the "Apache/2.2.22" is only the title given to the
forum.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.0 & kernel 3.10.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor