Ubuntu Forums - FYI

Istimsak Abdulbasir saqman2060 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 17:13:37 UTC 2013

Nothing is unhackable. It does not matter what system you use, linux,
windows or MacOS. All it takes is time and determination. Linux is by far
the best system to use for security implementation. It has many options.
The well known one is requiring root privilege for system configuration.
That is if the user knows what they are doing.

In the case of the ubuntu forums, vbulletin was the victim and it was said
that this software was outdated. Why canonical did not recognize this is a
big question. Even on a secure system, if the user or admin don't take all
the necessary steps to insure strong security, then anything can be hacked.
This is not a reason. Remember, the system offers option of security. It is
the user that needs to know how to use it.