Ubuntu Forums - FYI

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 08:05:28 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 4:59 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 21/07/13 11:00, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>>
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html
>

> Question: what software is Canonical using on that forum?
>
> If it is Linux then we are all in trouble - perhaps - as it is almost always
> claimed that Linux is unhackable.

That's not true. It is less likely that one will be hacked as one can
set it up to be more secure than windows. Those who know what to do
can always get in as has been proved but they are the very few.

The forum is using vBulletin which is one of the best paid for
services, phpBB and SMF being the popular unpaid ones.

As for passwords i have 5 levels, level 1 for forums and level 2 for
mailing lists which can be recoverable. level 3 for email and level 4
and 5 for paypal and such. That is secure as can be reasonably coupled
with me remembering them i think. So i now knoe exactly which to
change.

james