Ubuntu Forums - FYI

gary at romerohub.com gary at romerohub.com
Sun Jul 21 04:37:03 UTC 2013

"Question: what software is Canonical using on that forum?"

I don't think it really matters. There are not many Forum Packages that are not susceptible to this kind of attack.

"If it is Linux then we are all in trouble - perhaps - as it is almost
always claimed that Linux is unhackable."

I have no doubt that they were using Ubuntu Servers (or Linux Servers at the least) but that doesn't mean much as it was assuredly the Forum Software Package that was hacked rather than the host OS.

-Gar Romero