Sound settings

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 21 04:17:42 UTC 2013

On 20/07/13 05:25, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 07/18/2013 11:32 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> I got down on my knees, pulled out
>> all the RCA plugs for the speakers from the woofer box, replugged them,
>> twisted them round and round - and suddenly I had all the 6 speakers
>> working! :-) ]
>
> What REALLY hurts?? When you find the volume knob on the speaker
> turned all the way down ...or find it unplugged after a recent
> vacuuming, while ranting in a forum about a sound problem. Been there,
> done that. :) Ric

Oh, I really can empathise with the last situation :-) . Put a new
computer together, put it under the desk, hooked all the bits to it, sat
down most pleased with myself - and pressed the ON button. The computer
started up and I went into the BIOS to do the usual
checks/configurations -- and discovered that I didn't have an HDD :-( .
After the stomach returned to normal I had to get the damn heavy box
back onto the workbench only to discover that I forgot to plug in the
molex plug into the back of the HDD :-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.0 & kernel 3.10.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor