firefox, trackers and ghostery

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Thu Jul 18 05:24:52 UTC 2013

Hello Sajan,

Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 4:23:01 AM, Sajan wrote:

> However the reason that Google can't provide the individual users
> insight into their own data is actually at the heart of my view of
> this. It's because even they don't really know /who/ it is. To them,
> it's literally just an IP address. They can't accurately put a name
> or email address to it, so there's no way for them to make this data
> viewable by you.

So, you're telling me that even though I asked repeatedly for driving
directions from exactly the same address, and my Google phone confirms
that location exactly, and they deduce my age, gender, and so forth
from the data, that my name is a great mystery to them. They state
that they WILL correlate the data they collect with "other information
sources", some of which know exactly who I am. Maybe YOU can't do
that, but they can.

> Perhaps that'll ease the minds of a few right there.

Perhaps very few... :-)

--

 rikona