Booting Avira Rescue CD on a Netbook

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Mon Jul 15 10:34:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have an EeePC 1015PG running Ubuntu 12.04. I downloaded the Avira Rescue
CD ISO from Avira's official site[1].

I once installed XBMC on my Ubuntu 12.04 desktop PC as an addisional option
on the login screen, where you can chosse on the top right of the password
prompt, which Desktop Manager you want for the current session.

I'd like to do the same withe the Avira Rescue CD - i.e: to be able to
choose it from the login screen and run the update for the Virus Definition
File (VDF).

Can someone point me to a guide or HOWTO?

Thanks!

Amichai.

[1] http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/avira-antivir-rescue-system