Trying to start kmail on a 12.04.2 install

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jul 12 02:11:28 UTC 2013

Greetings all;
Ping...  And, this isn't spam.

I've made a couple partitions on a new drive, half for the /home tree, and
half for the /opt tree, which are then mounted via fstab entries, over the
top of the existing /home and /opt trees as I boot 12.04.2 LTS, so that all
my data follows me around.  Hopefully.

I expected some teething problems, but since it wasn't supposed to be
kmail2, I thought they would be relatively minor.

Apparently I wasn't thinking.  I own as gene:gene, the whole ~/gene/Mail
tree, so it shouldn't be a permissions thing.

Can anyone tell me what it means when kmail bails out at startup, with a
message in a box saying that it "Cannot create (mutter, I should have
written it down)id:2" ?  quotes mine.   ISTR the missing word was resource.

Thanks to anyone who recognizes that problem.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Contains no artificial colors or ingredients.
         law-abiding citizens.