How to install 3.9 kernel on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:20:50 UTC 2013

On 9 July 2013 18:29, Nataraj <incoming-ubuntu at rjl.com> wrote:

> I need to install the audio bugfixes that are in the 3.9 kernel.  I am
> currently running 12.04 LTS.  I see that the mainline kernel directory
> does not contain a 3.9 kernel for the precise release.  Is it possible
> to install a mainline kernel for 13.04 or 13.10 on 12.04, or is there
> another way to get a 3.9 kernel for 12.04?

I know this is not a direct answer, but have you already tried the
quantal and precise backport kernels?

The snag is that, AFAIK, no released version of Ubuntu contains 3.9
yet, so there is nothing to backport it /from/ IYSWIM.

You could compile your own, of course. Or wait 3 months until 13.10
comes out, when there should be a saucy backport kernel available,
which will be version 3.10 or 3.11.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884