12.04.2 LTS, new install, network broken

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 10 01:33:02 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 09 July 2013 21:32:04 Dave Woyciesjes did opine:

> On 07/09/2013 02:36 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> 	Possibly, but so far this MS Natural Keyboard Pro I've been using
> >
> > on
> >
> >> Ubuntu has been behaving itself...
> >>
> >> 	The Windows key is also referred to as the Super key.
> >
> > Now thats downright blasphemous to a linux user, Dave.
>
> 	Maybe, but as you know, use the right tool for the job. The angle
at
> which this is split, and rests, is perfect for me. Plus, it's built
> fairly solid & well. Has stood up to a lot. Yes, it's no IBM Model M,
> but it's pretty good.
>
> > Nothing about
> > windoze has ever been super for me.  But folks here need to understand
> > that I have owned a windows machine for only 6 months or so out of my
> > 35 years at carving code to do useful things.  And it had a copy of
> > Mandrake on it the next day after I bought it.  The windows install
> > was nothing but a source of drivers for the lappies radio, and when I
> > found by running windows that even the windows driver for a BCM4318
> > was broken, and the most recent SP2 for XP didn't fix it, I wiped it.
> >  Its got mint 14 on it ATM, works well.
> >
> > My *nix like experience starts with an aftermarket OS for the TRS-80
> > Color Computer, called os9, a mini unix for a machine with 64k of
> > memory.  That was my 'teacher' of the unix way of doing things.  I
> > still have one, and just this past winter I wrote and published a
> > method of switching how it boots up to do different jobs.  There are
> > about as many of us on the coco mailing list as there are commie 64
> > users still around, and next spring we will have the 28th annual last
> > cocofest.  Its not dead yet, new hardware and capabilities are always
> > popping up.
> >
> > My windows experience has been limited to configuring the neighbors
> > networking when something in the chain dies.  Lighting got their
> > router or some such.
>
> 	Now you're just bragging.... :)

Yup. :)  Un-contaminated by any measurable amount of winders usage.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Aberdeen was so small that when the family with the car went
on vacation, the gas station and drive-in theatre had to close.
         law-abiding citizens.