12.04.2 LTS, new install, network broken

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 03:22:25 UTC 2013

On 07/07/2013 07:21 PM, Tom H wrote:

> Do you have a blog where you could let off steam?
>
> If you're experience with installing 12.04 is typical, don't you think
> that this list, the Ubuntu forums, and Launchpad would be buzzing
> about this?

Venting on Bikeshed is probably more productive. One can cuss, but we
can cuss back AS WELL AS remark on your parentage, or lack thereof. The
more the merrier. I can feel for Gene though. There was a time when you
could drive a nail into a config file and have it stay that way. Alas,
and alack. Those sweet gentle days are history now.

Now, I just take what the installer gives me, then I add my nVidia
driver so I can play warzone2100 across three screens, I'm happy as a
little clam.

I do feel cheated as we do not have neat polyester shirts with epaulets
on the shoulders, or lighting bolts on the chest. Nor do we have Tesla
coils sparking to one side, nor switches to throw, knobs to twist or
buttons to push (except on the stinkin' mouse, which is a sorry
substitute for advanced technology) from our perspectives from the
promises of 1960's Popular Electronic Magazines. Where's the blinky
lights??

I think many will agree, Network Mangler needs a wake and a funeral for
itself, after someone develops a suitable replacement. If I had the
chops, I would surely do it. <huge grin> Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /