[Introduction] Start Ubuntu Project

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 19:34:38 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Graham Todd <gct7photography at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 21:18:13 +0400
> "Ali Linx (amjjawad)" <amjjawad at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, please, feel free to contact me :)
> >
> > By the way, just to keep you up-to-date just in case you missed that.
> > The Council of Munich City in Germany is planning to distribute 2000
> > CDs of Lubuntu to the people of Munich.
> > The French Government has started to use Ubuntu on their Police
> > Station. The Spanish Government is planning to do the same.
> >
> > All these good news should motivate us to do more and give more so
> > let's have some fun, shall we?
>
> Thats terrific news, Ali, and really impressive.

Indeed :)

> Can I suggest that you follow it up with a distribution to all
> universities in the UK?

If I live in the UK, I would do that myself :)
That is why we need to build a big team from all over the world. Each
member will take the initiative to  spread the word wherever he/she lives.
LoCo Team could be handy too.

> The University of Kent in Canterbury, Kent, UK, where I was a student
> (aged 67!) until recently don't have a policy for software for students
> even though as www.mirrorservices.com, they are one of the largest
> repositories of free and open source software in the UK.

I'm sorry, I'm not following?!

> I was trying to get them to adopt Uberstudent as the recommended
> distribution, as
> it's based on Ubuntu, without success (the University of Kent holds
> Uberstudent in its mirror).

Maybe we should not give up and try one more?

> But perhaps your project will have more success.....?

It is my project but should be our project :D
Everyone must spread the word, IMHO. Let's do it, it is fun ;)

Thank you!

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*