move or reinstall

Gary Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 17:40:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 July 2013 15:44, Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:
> > Also, I don't understand "Sda 3 has a data partition on sda6".
>
> I found it hard to understand as well.
>
> I *think* that he means:
>
> sda1, sda2, sda4 = primaries
> sda3 = extended
> sda6, sda7 = logical drives inside the extended partition
>
> But this doesn't quite add up inasmuch as the logicals should start
> from sda5 so there seems to be one missing.
>

> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
> MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
> Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Me too, I typed while looking at gparted.

Anyway since I had not heard anything I went ahead and moved the partition
yesterday and it seems to be fine.   Had to repair grub, that's all.

I have tried to post images in the past but they are never permitted here
it seems. Otherwise a screen shot would replace a lot of words.

Collin you have it right-  there is an sda5, it is linux swap.  I did not
mention it as it did not seem important.

thanks

garyk