Ubuntu 13.04 - USB Mouse and Touchpad settings different

Matthew Sturdy matt.sturdy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 13:13:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just upgraded my Lenovo E420s to Ubuntu 13.04, and I'm having trouble
configuring the scroll direction of the mouse in the same way as the
touchpad.

For the touchpad, when I move my fingers, the page goes down.. which is
what I want

When I move the mouse (Logitech Wireless M325) wheel, towards me though,
the page goes up.  Which is the opposite of what I expected..

I've been through the mouse settings dialog, and the "*Content Sticks to
Fingers*" option is checked.. and it's even correct on the "*Test Your
Settings*" section with the kite... however with all other applications,
this is not the case.. the scroll direction is reversed for the USB mouse.

Tried raising a bug, but not sure which package to raise it against.. can
anyone advise me that as well ?

Cheers,
Matt