Ubuntu Installer borks up partitions?

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 23:43:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Sander Smeenk <ssmeenk at freshdot.net> wrote:
> Quoting Tom H (tomh0665 at gmail.com):
>>
>> The installer's layout can be re-created with sfdisk so I doubt that
>> recreating the installer's layout with fdisk is a bug.
>
> sfdisk only recreates it with a 'force' option, that should not be the
> normal way to resize partitions, therefore i consider this a bug and
> wonder where to report it.

I haven't been ab;e to use sfdisk without "--force" for a while. You
even have to use it to apply the unedited sfdisk dump of my previous
email... It must be because sfdisk is still trying to to use cylinders
as units.

Reporting "I can't recreate the Ubuntu installer's disk layout without
using sfdisk and --force" is unlikely to be considered much of an
issue by anyone.