12.04.2 LTS, new install, network broken

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 7 20:51:52 UTC 2013

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 15:24:56 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 07 July 2013 15:03:45 C de-Avillez did opine:
>
> > On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 18:18:17 +0100
> >
> > Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't think others have this problem so it must be something
> > > specific to your setup.
> >
> > And, so, this begs a question.
> >
> > Gene, why don't you help QA-ing Ubuntu? It seems you have an
> > environment/computer/setup that Just Seems To Fail. It would be
> > really nice to find out what is wrong in your case and -- who knows
> > -- even add a test for it.
> >
> > We certainly more than welcome all the help we can get.
> >
> I am sure you can.  So would Ric, if he had more spare hardware at
> home, but the really big iron he keeps up isn't his.  The secret is
> to pick out the clues to get an idea of what's busted when one of us
> old farts goes off on you.

I take exception on two points here:

(1) someone going off on me: I take care to keep a decent level, and I
refuse to read attacks;
(2) "pick up the clues": why should I have to sieve out the gratuitous
attacks to find something worthy? Not productive, for me. Opinions will
vary, of course.

<snip/>

..C..
--