12.04.2 LTS, new install, network broken

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jul 7 13:17:30 UTC 2013

On Sunday 07 July 2013 09:01:05 Liam Proven did opine:

> On 7 July 2013 12:45, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 200 lines of ranting and complaining are not offset by thanks at the
> > end. Life's too short.
> >
> > Sorry, Gene. Come back when you can control your temper.
>
> By the way, if you're another Unity hater (I am tired of reading that
> & skip any message containing that particular bit of bigotry)  & you
> want Kmail, then why on Earth are you using the Unity edition? Go try
> Kubuntu. It doesn't use GNOME network manager, which you seem to hate
> so much.

My whole point in that is:  If it cannot do the job its purported to be
assigned, how did it ever get past QC?

At no point here, has anyone offered to help me understand how to do such a
mundane thing as make the networking actually work, when the user/installer
has no access to the apply button in the gui tools provided.

All I have been told to do is undo that which I did, and which works.

I know things change, hopefully to work even better, but regressive change
is not progress.  This "Unity" you called it is regressive. Eye candy with
no purpose that I have been able to detect.

From what I have read in this folder, since I dump kubuntu posts into this
folder too, one gets a better working kubuntu by pulling in kde than you
get from a kubuntu install.  So thats next I guess.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Most places distinguish them merely by using the appropriate value.
Hooray for context...
		-- Larry Wall in <199708040319.UAA16213 at wall.org>
         law-abiding citizens.