monitor issue

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:09:39 UTC 2013

On Thursday 31 January 2013 11:31 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 31/01/13 15:39, Jimmy Bradley wrote:
>> I"m running Ubuntu 12.10.
>> I've hooked the pc up to our 42 inch samsung plasma tv, via the pc
>> monitor connection on the back of the tv. I have a ton of movies and tv
>> shows stored on the machine.
>> The problem I'm having, and haven't been able to solve is, if I don't at
>> least move the mouse about every 5 to 10 minutes, the tv screen goes
>> blank, even when I'm playing a video file. It's acting like it would if
>> the machine was sitting idle.
>> I've gone into the power management settings and have all the power save
>> settings set to " never" or "don't suspend" and it hasn't made any
>> difference. I've tried hooking the machine up to a pc monitor, and it
>> does the same thing.
>> Does anyone by chance know how to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jim

do you need gnome screen saver for any reason  ??? if not then remove it ,

still you need screen savers then installed xscreensaver

Warm Regards
--

*/

Jatin Khatri

RHCSA RHCE CCNA

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/