PCI to SATA / IDE Card / eSATA

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 05:50:42 UTC 2013

What exactly does this card do:

    SATA host controller chip with 32-bit interfacing
    Compliant with SATA 1.0 specification
    Supports two independent SATA ports with data transfer rate up to
1.5Gb/s
    Built-in 256 byer FIFO per port for fast read/write operations
    Supports microsoft generic IDE operation and intel bus master DMA
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815283030

I was looking at USB enclosures for hard drives and came across this
adapter, which looks interesting.  However, do you need drivers for these
sorts of cards?

I see that the comments for this, and some other products, that they
might only work with Windows.

thanks,

Thufir