Slow disk I/O - was Re: Seeking Help [Ubuntu Bug??]

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Sun Jan 27 05:26:28 UTC 2013

> There is no point in the experiment because the data has been collected.

If you installed and set up partitions yourself with 12.10 as I think you
said you did, that might be a discrepancy. Or if you installed to the SSD
and ACHI was not enabled when you installed.

I would try installing 12.10 to the ssd again, and let it create the
partitions the way it likes now that ahci is enabled. Just for the sake of
experimental completeness.

Or, do what I do and stick with 12.04.