Cannot Connect To Internet Wireless.....[SOLVED]

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 26 01:32:46 UTC 2013

On Friday 25 January 2013 20:31:54 Doug did opine:
Message additions Copyright Friday 25 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> On 01/25/2013 07:29 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> > I want to thank all who responded to my initial inquiry, but as fate
> > would have it, my sister's child spilled her soda all over the entire
> > laptop!... and so I no longer can use it. (Makes a great mantel piece
> > curio!) I am now in the market for a brand new machine...I want to go
> > with Ubuntu 12.10 this time around straight out the gate. If I should
> > have any problems with it I will be sure to contact you all again!
> > Once again thank you all for your efforts. May you all have an
> > excellent day!
> >

> > EGO II
>
> Open the laptop fo as to see as much of the innards as possible. Dunk it
> in plain cool water in your bathtub and swish it around good, or, better
> yet, spray it with a garden hose,
> not so forcefully as to dislodge anything that's supposed to be there.
> (Maybe you could use your shower under tepid water.)  After that put it
> in a warm, dry place for a week or so
> to let it thoroughly dry out, and then see where you are.  Can''t hurt,
> might help.
>
> --doug

It goes without saying that the first thing you do is take out the battery,
right then.  4 hours later is likely too late.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
The biggest mistake you can make is to believe that you are working for
someone else.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...