Wish to dual boot

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 21 12:46:02 UTC 2013

Hi all,
just bought an HP g6-2208au laptop,
have re-set bios to boot from optical drive first in both
uefi and legacy boot order, but machine will not boot from it.
Have disabled fast boot in windows.
I am tempted to install ubuntu on the complete drive, but am
a little afraid that it may not go on. Have installed from the 12.04 disc
on other machines so think the Ubuntu dvd is ok.

New machine, made recovery disks on it, so drive appears to work.
HP forums don't give me any help, and would really like to have
a mobile ubuntu 12.04.
Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance
Take care
Winton