using the downloaded upgrade packages from one laptop to another

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 16:49:03 UTC 2013

On 16 January 2013 16:31, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now what I want to know is how do I make sure do-release-upgrade uses these
> in my laptop and does not downloads
> 700 mb of updates because this will take 8-10 hours at my end so I want to
> utilize the upgrades which were downloaded during the upgrade process
> on one of the systems.
> If there is a way in this situation let me know.

Have you tried putting those package files into
/var/apt/cache/archives and then just firing the upgrade process?

I've never tried this (never had any need to), but it sounds plausible
that the upgrade will see what packages it needs to download and once
it seems them in the cache directory, it'll assume they are downloaded
and not bother.

--
Steve