GNUCash in 12.04 does not have an SQL option

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 01:48:39 UTC 2013

Hey folks, my gnucash that I installed from apt-get on my 12.04
desktop does not seem to have an option to use a SQL (MySQL) database.
 It only has XML

http://gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-guide/basics-files1.html

That link just sort of assumes you have SQL support and does not tell
you how to enable it.

Do I have to build this myself with SQL support, or is there a way to
add it with apt?

I don't see anything when I do "apt-cache search gnucash"