Is T-Bird suitable for gmail from multiple devices?

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 14 20:37:09 UTC 2013

On 01/14/2013 03:25 PM, James Freer wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 13 January 2013 17:11, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> A recent posting extolling Thunderbird has me curious: I use gmail
>>> exclusively, and like the fact that I get a consistent view from both
>>> my desktop and my laptops.
>>>
>>> Can the same thing be said of T-bird?  The last I used such a tool was
>>> about a decade ago, and whichever device saw mail first then hid it
>>> from the others.  I could sure use a more mail-list friendly
>>> interface...
>>
>> With a single IMAP account, no rules or automatic filtering - or
>> *just* server-side filtering - yes, it's doable.
>>
>> But the reason I stopped using it was the inconvenience of using
>> multiple devices.
>>
>> Once I'd created my ~100 rules and ~80 folders on Gmail, well, I might
>> as well just keep using Gmail, it seemed to me.
>> --
>> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
>
> I don't quite follow the gist of this post....
	Well, Kevin was just inquiring about what other thought of using
Thunderbird across multiple computers.
	Liam then presented his case, where Thunderbird is not suitable:
Wanting the consistent look across multiple computers _and_ his phone,
an Android based device.
	Just people voicing their opinion. Your case, using Alpine, works for
you, but wouldn't fit my usage. I want/need to be able to easily see the
images. But since I rarely use email on something other than a full
computer, Thunderbird works nicely for me getting the consistency.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

  - from some guy on the internet.