Is T-Bird suitable for gmail from multiple devices?

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:17:01 UTC 2013

On 01/13/2013 05:11 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> A recent posting extolling Thunderbird has me curious: I use gmail
> exclusively, and like the fact that I get a consistent view from both
> my desktop and my laptops.
>
> Can the same thing be said of T-bird?  The last I used such a tool was
> about a decade ago, and whichever device saw mail first then hid it
> from the others.  I could sure use a more mail-list friendly
> interface...

Yep, if you use IMAP with Thunderbird, it syncs everything faultlessly &
can handle large amounts of mail without a problem.

It's also highly customisable with add ons. Ubuntu One still lags behind
with its Thunderbird integration last I looked but they're working on it
apparently.

Recommended.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,