Thoughts regular expressions in, for example sed

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 10:51:39 UTC 2013

On 13 January 2013 10:20, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is today's version of Perl a one man job? I have never used Perl, and
> I don't know much about it.

Nah. Many contributors at al levels from core developers to doc
writers to evangelists to stack overflow regular contributors to Perl
Monks,

Personally, I much, much prefer Python for the sorts of tasks Perl is
often used for - for one thing, I can read my own code 6 weeks later
and have a clue what it's (supposed to be) doing. Each to their own
though - learn both! :)

--
Steve