OT - Invest Applet under 12.04 LTS (Cinnamon Desktop) **Can NOT add to panel** ***SOLVED***

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 00:24:14 UTC 2013

Just wanted to give you all a heads up...(its off topic and is kinda
lengthy!) My youngest brother who works for a law firm in Southern NJ as
an e-mail administrator, had finally agreed to try out Ubuntu due to my
persistent nagging! He had a PC that he was going to "recycle" and get a
brand new Windows 8 machine. After almost 3 weeks of TRYING to use
Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity he was about to give up altogether, but a funny
thing happened, he started keeping track of the "Questions and Answers"
he was seeing in the user lists and support forums, and started reading
up a lot more on the different things people were doing with Ubuntu in
their daily lives, from DNS/DHCP servers, to scientific research,
documentation and word processing, to media warehouses. His exact words?
was that he could "NOT believe that there was no such kind of support /
community in the Windows world"...granted (he said!) there were
"cash-for-the-calvary" tech support sites that charged you for the
answers to your problem, but he was _most_ impressed by responses such
as this one...where it seems the answering party is going
above-and-beyond the realm of just giving a response or reply, but it
appears they're actually concerned and are WANTING to help the person
with an issue find a resolution. To make a long story short?...(I
know...too late!) He loaded 12.04 LTS on one of his laptops and took it
to work, showed his boss.....who showed HIS boss....who showed the
friend of the C.I.O. and guess who's about to launch a testing roll-out
of Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS in their company?....well his of course! Just
wanted to share with you all and show you that sometimes its not about
how much money you throw at advertising, nor about how flashy, your
commercials can be, but that a solid base of people who are focused on
one goal, along with an entire community of people who GENUINELY care,
can make a big difference! Keep up the good work everyone! And Happy New
Year! Here's to a more "unified" 2013!!

Cheers!

EGO II