Ubuntu 12.04.2 long term maintenance installation problems

lazer100 lazer100 at talktalk.net
Wed Feb 27 18:06:30 UTC 2013

I tried installing the Ubuntu 12.04.2 long term maintenance version
(32 bit desktop) from the links at ubuntu.com

the CD malfunctioned.

so I made another one, this also malfunctioned.

I downloaded the iso again in case the download was corrupted,
but this second download was identical to the original download.

so unless there is something wrong with the CD drive,
this CD doesnt function.

there was no intro screen, and the screen kept glitching continually,
I waited quite a while without any coherent screen,

is there any way to know if the resulting CD is not corrupted?

meanwhile I'll try to install the main Ubuntu 12.10 version,